Human Resources Policies/Human Rights Policies
WTC is dedicated to protecting its employees’ rights and interests, and it strictly complies with labor-related laws and regulations in all countries where we operate. The Company follows the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the International Labor Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, as well as the spirit and fundamentals of protecting human rights embodied in such international human rights treaties. WTC always promotes and supports human rights, including equal employment opportunities, prohibition against discrimination and/or harassment based on race/ethnicity, gender, sexual preference/orientation, age, religion, or disability as provided by law. We also maintain affirmative action plans, training programs, activities and procedures that comply with government requirements and corporate standards. In addition, we encourage employees to achieve company objectives in regards to environment safety and integrity by doing the following:
● Hiring and recruiting employees according to competency required by the position Retaining and attracting diverse and best possible talents to work as a team. Abolish child labor and Eliminate forced labor. There is no discrimination based on personal age, gender, physical and mental disability, race, religion, political orientation or pregnant women.
● Providing training, education and educational assistance to employees. Support personal and professional development.
● Compensation paid to workers shall comply with all applicable wage laws, including those relating to minimum wages, overtime hours and legally mandated benefits. Recognizing and rewarding excellence in employees’ performance and contribution to the company. Knowing personal productivity accounts for team productivity.
● Encouraging open communication between employees and their superiors concerning their performance and potential professional growth. Using internal meetings, labor union, intranet bulletin and formal announcements to express company vision, objectives and policies.
● Providing a safe workplace that complies with government policies and requirements. In addition, allocating appropriate resources to implement programs for work-related accident/injury prevention.
● We are dedicated to giving back to the community by encouraging employee involvement in community services. WTC Charity Club is the internal overseeing organization.